- Wizened by extensive life experience
- Exceedingly knowledgeable in a craft, art, technique, skill, etc
- Willing to spend his considerable energies passing on this experience and knowledge to her protegee, usually the Protagonist
- Trains and guides the Protagonist for the task to come
- Often a paternal or material supplement to the Protagonist
- May provide some comic relief, as old age and wisdom garner a certain amount of levity
- Any age, from a kid with an old soul to an old person with an old soul
- Tough as nails and doesn't have the time of day for the Protagonist to be a whiner or a diva
- Willing to die for the Protagonist, as he often tragically does, empowering the Protagonist to go on without him and succeed
Want to start getting get more acting work than you ever imagined?
Learn fun and creative ways to market yourself at the Actor Success Institute. It's where actors go to take their careers to the next level.
Take the next step and move yourself forward.